Friday 16 February 2018

Beautiful Eurasian Jay

I captured this photograph in nice almost-spring afternoon sunlight today which was dappling our apple tree. We have a pair of Eurasian Jays who inhabit some tall trees in ground to the rear of our garden. We put out peanuts for them and they regularly swoop down to take them. They are reasonably common birds of the Corvid family but to my mind much more attractive than Rooks and Crows. Despite being a large bird I find them to be quite shy. That this one exposed him/herself long enough for me to photograph was unusual. Normally they will hide themselves in branches.
Shot with my Panasonic G9 and Lumix Leica 200/2.8 lens I think the subtle colouration of the breast feathers, the speckled head and blue-checker flash on the wings have come out well, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Balletic Long Tail Tits

In Flight - Long Tailed Tit This spring has been characterised for me by the appearance of Long Tailed Tits in the front garden. They...